God loves our praise for all of His graces and blessings, regardless of how large or small they seem to us. Sometimes we only really see or give thanks for the big ones—saving a life, landing a great job, or finding love. But to me, it’s the constant small things that make Him shine and keep me happy and secure in His light. So here are a few things God has blessed me or others around me with lately.
- My alarm didn’t go off this morning and He woke me just at the right time so I wouldn’t be late.
- We got a snow day last week. I love the snow and we usually don’t get enough to have off work, so it was a nice break for a few hours.
- My neighbors are some of the kindest and fun people I know. They stop in to check on my pets when I’m away so I don’t have to worry and I know my house and loved ones are safe.
- My niece was walking along the beach last weekend thinking how she never has found a conch shell. A minute later she saw not one but a dozen or so on the beach. I’ve been walking that beach for 30 plus years and never saw that. This is a beautiful example of how God delivers WAY bigger than our hearts’ desires or even what we can imagine.
- I left my keys in my door last night. God protected us by keeping potential bad guys away.
- I have cats and I feel calmer when they are around and I can pet them. Lately, they have been running away and keeping to themselves, but over the last several mornings, just when I was thinking it would be nice to get a hug, they’ve popped up on my bed to say hello.
- My small group friends always have great insight and give me things to ponder each week that help me become a better person and a happier one. My small group for the Spring just started up again at a time when I was starting to feel a bit down. It’s His perfect timing, delivering the comfort of good friends.
This is a lovely poem that inspired me to write this post. I found it on another blog and my apologies to the blog owner, since I can’t remember what the site was. But, the author of the poem is Helen Steiner Rice and is entitled “I’ve Never Seen God.”
I’ve never seen God but I know How I feel,
It’s people like you who make Him “So Real”…
My God is no stranger, He’s friendly and gay
And He doesn’t ask me to weep when I pray…
It seems that I pass Him so often each day
In the faces of people I meet on my way…
He’s the stars in the heaven, a smile on some face,
A leaf on a tree or a rose in a vase…
He’s winter and autumn and summer and spring…
In short, God is Every Real, Wonderful Thing…
I wish I might meet Him much more than I do,
I would if there were More People Like You.